Week 2: W.B 30/03/2020
Hope you've had a lovely week . Hopefully, you are understanding time more [see the giraffe game below as a tester]. This week I would like you all to do the following:
1. English - See 'catch a lot'. Watch the video first, and then complete the 'catch a lot' pdf worksheets [see below]
2. Guided reading - See stage 4 reading pack (complete one a day)
3. Maths - See homework grid year 4 - Particularly focus on time [digital]
I know you wanted to have a go at the giraffe time race so here is the link below:
4. PE - Try Joe wick's daily exercise. He lives streams at 9am every weekday
5. Spend time with your family - try some baking, go for a walk or try and compete against them on multiplication check [from week 1]
WEEK 1 - W.B 23/03/2020
Hello / ola / bonjour / helo [Welsh way] Year 4,
As promised, I will keep this website updated for you to use as a learning tool.
I will upload a variety of activities you can do at home at least once a week. This will include: videos, worksheets and website links.
Remember my saying ‘you don’t use it then you lose it!’
Really miss you all! Wish I was in school teaching you; as the progress you have all made has made me a super proud teacher.
Tasks for this week are as follows:
1. Multiplication check
You are expected to get 20 or above out of 25.
2. Arithmetic test [year 4]
3. Simplifying fractions [see video link]
4. Time- analogue[see video link]
5. English - 'Catch a lot' - watch the video, and then complete the pack.
Y4 Arithmetic test
Our recent displays
Picture of Blake showing what a Roman soldier would wear.
Walking through the streets of Chester.
For 'Remembrance Day' we made our own ‘Poppy Keyrings’. This was to respect those who had fallen, and to appreciate the peaceful world we live in today.
Our African drumming! Video containing Brandon performing a solo.
Welcome back. Can’t wait to get started with my New Year 4 class, and look forward to the year ahead. Mr.Jones
PART 1: Year 4 keeping Bolton clean.
Year 4 have re-told the folk story of Mufaro's Beautiful Daughter. Here is our display:
The Innocent Big Grow: Congratulations to Mia.W and Zakk you will both become our 'pea growers' #Let'sGetGrowing!
Our Favelas! Just wanted to say a big thank you to year 4 for creating the 'real side' of Brazil. Links to our topic on South America.
We have made friends across the water with a school in North America. We have told them all about what we have learnt so far on the rainforest, and of course about our recent trip to the Bolton Museum.
Our rainforest display! Thank you Mrs Tordoff for your vision. We have been focusing on the layers of the rainforest, and looking at the bugs tribes would eat (disclaimer:no bugs were harmed).
In English, we wrote biographies for The Queen. She even managed to send us a reply. We decided as a class to frame this, and leave it inside our classroom.
Here is a link to allow your child to access TT Rockstars at home:
Here is the link for you child to access Purple Mash from home: